Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dancing on Ice Part 2

We continued our assault on the environment today with helicopter rides strafing the cars racing along the frozen lake and then a 2-hour snowmobile ride before getting towed by hapless reindeers to the dinner venue. The snowmobiles go 100 km an hour and are very unwieldy due to the weight of the vehicle and difficulty steering. The fumes they emit are asphyxiating. I had a self-fulfilling prophecy that I would pull the accelerator rather than the brake upon a difficult stretch of navigation and just such a scenario played itself out on a long patch of ice. I was dramatically thrown off and the snowmobile got wedged in deep snow. It took 4 burly guys stronger then me to dislodge it, not a pretty sight. Needless to say, my excursion provided plenty of fodder for dinner conversation and beyond. Why do people drinking shots feel compelled to foist them on those not? Tomorrow I depart a day early to avoid the inevitable fierce competition for the evening timed car race. I sent my 11 year old the accompanying photo and he said i look Chinese; with such a raging economy, i should be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment